The Night Before Surgery
No food for your pet after midnight the night before surgery. They can have water through the night.
Exception: Pets under 5 months of age may eat up until 6:00 a.m. the day of surgery.
The Morning of Surgery
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Please see directions to our clinic here. Some MAP programs and GPS take people to a private residence on Bailey Ave. in Montpelier. We are on Bailey Meadows Rd. in Middlesex.
For the Human Animals (you!)
- If you are not feeling well or are quarantined due to potential COVID-19 exposure, you must stay home.
- Social Distancing: should your dog need to be walked please be courteous and practice social distancing.
- Please limit the number of people coming to the clinic.
- Arrival Instructions- When you arrive PLEASE STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE. If you are the first to arrive, please pull up parallel to the entrance (a three-sided vestibule). A team member will go over services for that day. A team member will then take your animal into the facility.
- Clipboard and pens: All clipboards and pens will be disinfected after each use.
- Personal Protection:Everyone coming to the clinic must wear a mask.
- Drop off isfrom 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. (we open at 7:30). Please allow 20 minutes for check-in, starting at 7:30 a.m. Please complete the online consent form (check your spam) emailed to you to help speed up the new check-in process.
- Pick upfor male cats and all dogs is 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. Pick up for female cats is 4:00 - 4:30 p.m. (the same day)
- Paymentat this time needs to be exact cash (no checks). The fee for cat surgeries, including rabies, distemper and a dose of Revolution is $75. If you would like Revolution and pyrantel de-wormer, the fee is $85. For other fees, please visit our fees page.
For the Nonhuman Animals (your pet or pets!)
- Please do not feed your pet(s) after midnight the night before the surgery, water is okay (exception- kittens under 5 months old should eat through the night and have about a tablespoon of canned food in the morning).
- All cats must be in carriers. Please put something in the carrier like a pee pad or other disposable material in case your cat has an accident on the way. Current COVID protocols mean we may dispose of material inside the carrier.
- If your pet(s) is NOT receiving a rabies vaccination with us (we give it to unvaccinated animals), bring his/her certificate (certificate, not tag)- we must see proof your pet is up to date on his/her rabies vaccination. Kittens and puppies must be at least 12 weeks old to receive a rabies vaccination. Ideally, puppies and kittens should get their combo "distemper" vaccinations at 8, 12 and 16 weeks. We can do one at the time of surgery.
- Remember we do not take credit or debit cards and request cash at check in. VT-CAN! does not participate in the VSNIP program and therefore cannot honor VSNIP vouchers.
- If you need to cancel this appointment or have questions, please email email@example.com or call 223-0034 and leave a message ASAP.
ATTENTION: Please let us know if your pet has any health issues or is on any medication. Some conditions/medications could prevent us from doing surgery.
For more information, please use the links below:
Directions to clinic: https://vt-can.org/directions
We look forward to your visit at our clinic and to taking good care of #AnimalName#.
Cats must be in Carriers! If you do not have a carrier, we will send them home in a cardboard one and the charge is $5.